- Action at IIT Kanpur:
- Action at Other IITs:
Minutes (in PDF)
of Requisioned Meeting of the IIT Delhi Senate held on Feb 14, 2012.
- Minutes (in PDF) of Requisioned Meeting of the IIT Delhi Senate held on Feb 14, 2012.
- Actions at MHRD and IIT Council level:
- MHRD sets up a committee to interact with faculty with old IITs and to explain them the new system. (Mar 12, 2012). PDF
- Record of Discussions of the Meeting Held in Ministry on Jan 18, 2012 on implementation of ISEET
Minutes of 43rd Meeting of IIT Council in Sep, 2011
(Check the minutes of Item 43.13 on page 8. Compare them with the modified minutes below.)
- Presentation by Dr. Ramasami to IIT Council in Sep, 2011
Draft Report of Ramasami Committee
on Alternate Admission System for
Engineering Programmes in India, Sep, 2011
- Main Report PDF DOC
- Annexure 1 PDF DOC
- Annexure 2 PDF DOC
- Annexure 3 PDF DOC
- Annexure 4 PDF DOC
- Annexure 5 PDF
- Annexure 6 PDF DOC
- Annexure 7 PDF DOC
- Report and Annexures merged into a single document PDF
- Blogs on the new proposed admission process for IITs
- Review of Ramasami Committee Report by Alumni of IITs, Feb 2012
- Select Media Articles
- Hindustan Times, 27th March, 2012 Admission: IITs up ante against govt proposals
- The Economic Times, 26th March, 2012 IIT Faculty Federation and Senates of IITK and IIT Delhi question HRD move to replace IIT-JEE
- Financial Express, 24th February, 2012 Single national engineering entrance exam to replace multiple tests draws ire of IIT faculty
- The Pioneer, 2nd February, 2012 Now, JEE with Class 12 count faces feasibility glare
- New York Times, 1st Feb, 2012 Rethinking the Mother of All Exams
- IIT Kanpur Faculty Forum response to Acharya Committee Report in Jul, 2010
- Draft Report of Acharya Committee on JEE Reforms in Jul, 2010
“ a compromise formula which includes a proposal to take top 20% students based on percentile ranking of respective boards for preparing the merit list”
How meaningless is this solution ?. Higher education in India will become the domain of the school toppers and Children of affluent parents and we wonder why half a million students leave India to study undergraduate courses overseas. Children who will never return to a country that shunned them.
Is this is what we call inclusive in RTE ?.
God Save India
Inclusive education does not mean that everyone must enter, or pass out from, an IIT. It only means that if you wanted to, you could have a shot at it. The child labourer is excluded because she can never dream of entering an IIT; she may absolutely hate IIT, but not trying to join an IIT should be her decision. Even if there is only one IIT train, every child must have access to the platform where the train comes. Of course, not everyone will get on to the train but everyone knows what to do to have a shot at the train. This is called inclusion in education. Everyone must go to school till class 12; those who work hard, and are willing to work harder still, will join an IIT. Others will, by choice, decide not to work that hard and become economists.
All children are born equal and mindless politicians are trying to grade the children and youth of the nation and create a new Brahamanical Caste system in Education, which is pandering to the neo rich who can afford to send their children to elite private schools and Coaching schools.
"HRD Ministry of India wants to build castles of higher education on the bamboo scaffoldings of its schools" ~ Satish Jha